Adhoc Executive Search is selecting a Director of Business Development & Sales Wine Technology in Europe for their client, a US company providing services and equipment to WBS industries.
Our client is a privately held company providing services and equipment to the Wine, Beer and Spirits industries and specializing in de-alcoholization. From their Spanish branch they cover all of Europe with a portfolio of equipment and services for the beverage industry mostly the Wine Industry, but also Beer and Spirits.
We are seeking a new Director of Business Development and Sales for the EMEA Region to build its business through direct and indirect sales channels. He/She will report directly to the company’s CEO in USA and will receive an extensive training period in Spain and the USA.
He/she may be based anywhere centrally located within Europe. Approximately 50% travel is expected; will work closely with the leadership of Europe and the ABT Executive team to identify, cultivate and execute upon new business and customer opportunities throughout Europe, and as needed Africa and Middle East.
Responsibilities will include:
- Leadership of the business development and sales function in Europe.
- Development of key relationships with new and existing clients and as needed equipment manufacturers and service partners.
- Development and maintenance of a pipeline of sale opportunities.
- Interaction and coordination with the R&D and marketing teams.
- Maintain real time business development and sales activities in SalesForce.
- Develop long term sales goals.
- Observe, report and propose actions based on trends in the market.
- Attend conferences and trade shows to support sales, develop relationships, build the brand.
- Coordinate with and support outside sales representatives.
- A college degree with an emphasis on mechanical engineering and/or organic chemistry and/or oenology and/or brewing and/or distillation
- Minimum 10 years of experience in operations, maintenance and/or business development or sales in the beverage industry with a preference for beer or wine
- Great communication and presentation skills for internal and external purposes
- Expert level interpersonal skills
- Cultural awareness both within the company and the outside world
- At least 2-3 major European languages (fluency in English is a must; Spanish preferred)
- Self-sufficiency for optimum performance in a remote environment
- Ability to analyze data to find trends and problems
Compensation will be based on experience and will include:
- Base salary, Commission, Company vehicle, Standard local benefits
To apply, please send CV and covering letter in English to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject heading “Director of Business Development & Sales Wine Technology”